Seth started school today. Doesn't he look handsome?.jpg)
He wanted to walk to school by himself. After much discussion over the reasons I needed/wanted to walk with him, I compromised and said he could start walking alone and I wouldn't start walking until he made it to the corner. That satisfied him. So, I trailed behind quietly until he waited for me to catch up, in order to show me some mushrooms he saw growing. By the time we got to school he was walking with me most of the time (and talking to me!!) but then he walked ahead of me the whole way to his classroom and didn't even turn around to say bye! It was kind of sad; however, I am glad he is developing greater confidence and independence. I think we will be pleased with his teacher, and I am hoping desperately he finds some good nice friends. He already told me that he made a new friend today in his class, who also happens to walk home the same direction. Here's hoping he has another fabulous school year!
Monday, August 25, 2008
2nd Grade!
Posted by Jules at 7:30 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
He obviously went through another growth spurt. He is getting so tall!
He looks wonderful! Here's hoping the new school is a good one.
What a handsome young man. Probably takes after his grandfather.
As a word of advice, I hope Seth's teacher's name is something like "Jones" or "Smith" or something else simple. The only spelling word I missed in second grade was the name of my teacher, Mrs. Weideman...or was it Wiedemon...or... well, you get the picture.
Haha... Dad, that is funny that you mentioned names because Seth did not get so lucky either! He has Mrs. Villarreal which took him a few days to remember even how to say it. For a while it was "Mrs. 'V'"! :)
Wow, he looks so grown-up!
Post a Comment