Friday, August 22, 2008

Men are from Mars, Women are Wimpy.

The boys climbed into the car while I unloaded groceries into the back. They closed their doors (there was still ventilation due to the back of our glorious station wagon being open). Right after I closed the back, I went and opened Logan's door in order to buckle him in. I was trying to hurry because the car wasn't on yet, which means it was hot inside.

I commented, "Gosh, it is hot in here, I'm surprised you guys didn't leave your doors open for air! I'll get the car on quickly!"

Seth replied, "Mom, it's not too bad. That's just because men can handle the heat." (I did NOT add that emphasis)

They must have grown up so fast, while I wasn't looking. I now have two men instead of boys.

3 comments:

Leah said...

Haha, that's great! Yep, they do grow up too fast.

Stephanie T said...

No Kidding, they totally grow up so fast. Mine now think they are my fierce protectors. Scary to think in a couple of years they just might be.

Anonymous said...

I need to provide Seth with some advice and counsel. I think it is best for men to maintain that we can't handle the heat, and so that is why we need to stay out of the kitchen! (It's worked for me for years.)