Sunday, June 08, 2008

My little tree hugger..... (I am so proud!)

At the lake in California near my parents' home you can rent little rowboats, little motor fishing boats, or pedal boats. I set out with the boys to tool around in a motor boat for a while.

But, Seth really wanted a pedal boat. It was only going to be an hour, and they were cheaper, so I shrugged and we got ourselves a cute yellow pedal boat.

After 10 minutes, my gluteus maximus (and probably my minimus too- though it isn't so "mini") was killing, KILL. ING. me.

Seth was pretty strong at using the pedals as well, but being the only adult it was quite the challenge pedaling those boys around the lake. (Have I mentioned lately that Seth is a whopping 75 lbs- at only 7 years old- and, no, he doesn't have an ounce of chub on him)

Anyway, Seth proudly exclaimed, "Pedal boats are good because they are good exercise and good for the earth! They don't use gas or put gas in the air." I agreed, because sometimes the kids are simply right.

We finally turned toward the dock in order to trade off the boat with my sister and her friend. Seth looked extremely concerned.

"Mom," he said, "we aren't trading the pedal boat for a motor boat, are we?"

"No, honey, we are just going to give Aunt Laurie and Ashley a turn on the pedal boat."

"Oh good, because if we were going to get a motor boat I would just have to say that I couldn't go on it. Because pedal boats are good, but motor boats just have gas to hurt the lake and the animals. So, I just wouldn't go on it."

My little tree hugging environmentalist, taking a stand. I love him for it!!!!



PEDAL AWAY!

0 comments: