
Logan always pleads for me to lie down with him at nap time. Usually I use the whole "Okay, but first I am going to go potty/get my jammies on/eat lunch/take the trash out, and then when I am done I will come check on you and if you are still awake I will lie down." Fully knowing that upon my return he will be sound asleep. Works like a charm. And seriously, if he IS still awake I would lie down with him. I swear!
Anyway, so today in the hotel I thought Logan would be oh so lucky because what else am I going to do besides lie down in bed and cuddle up with him! When his rest time came I snuggled down in the bed, happy to have an excuse to nap.
"Go out! I want you to go out!"
Apparently having Mom lie down with you for nap is highly overrated. So, where am I supposed to go while he falls asleep? (Trust me, I tried to stay put but I chose not to deal with the severe crying that would accompany me staying put in bed.)
So, from the comfort of a hotel bathroom toilet lid seat, I give you our recent (and brief) moving update.
As I said, we had a glorious return to California only to find that the closing of our new home would be delayed by a couple days. So, we crashed at the in-laws for a couple of days before moving into a hotel. Right now we are in a hotel in downtown Austin because Jim has meetings up here on Monday, and that way we can sneak in a few more play dates before we officially depart. Then we will relocate to a hotel in SA for a few more days. Then we will move into our new house. In the meantime, I'm trying to enjoy not having to wash any linens.
Updates to come, hopefully from a more comfortable seat.
Sunday, June 08, 2008
Posted by Jules at 11:15 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
That's really funny. Andrew gets weird about stuff like that too. One minute he wants me to do something with him, and then in almost the same breath he'll be getting mad at me because he suddenly decided he wants to do it by himself. It must be tough to be a three-four year old!
Post a Comment