Friday, May 09, 2008

We are about to go close on the sale of our current home.

But we have until next week to move out. I didn't realize how stinky it would feel to know that we are forking over a couple hundred bucks to lease back our own home. Seriously? I know the home is technically theirs now, but I still feel like I am paying extra to rent my own house.

That is messed up.

3 comments:

Alisa said...

Where did your rant go? I was going to comment on it. Sorry about your sunburn & the lousy day. I totally agree with you that sports should not be about winning, especially for young kids. I would have been upset too after a day like that. Competitive people get on my nerves. Winning just isin't as important as teaching values to your kids. I totally agree with you.

Anonymous said...

Separation anxiety has a new dimension, perhaps.

And even though you're paying rent, at least you are far better off than the owners of all those houses that still have a "for sale" sign in the front yard.

Jules said...

Oh, Dad, that is the truth. I am oh so glad our home sold and I am not still having to keep it ridiculously clean!