I love supporting local businesses. Our lawnmower is at this great local shop. Their prices are fair and they do a fabulous job. We have used a car repair shop that is also fast and awesome prices. The car shop also later recommended a local body shop that fixed our Jeep door for $100, after another place quoted about $1200 for a new door. Of course, local places are best found by recommendation and not phone books. Our movers? The dad of one of our favorite baby sitters.
Today I have been re-arranging our moving plans, since it recently became apparent that we would need to store our stuff for about a month.
Quotes for 2- 16' storage containers for one month. From Austin to San Antonio.
PODS- $1900, plus their phone person didn't have much interest in my needs.
Falcon Storage- $1120, and their guy was friendly and interested in finding out exactly what I needed. He even tried to save me money!
*Of course, I haven't actually ever used Falcon Storage, so expect a follow up post on how they actually did. We will see if my luck with local businesses continues.*
Friday, May 09, 2008
Posted by Jules at 10:44 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I like to find good local businesses, too. That's why, although I understand and take advantage of the benefits, I am not a big fan of big box stores. And as for auto repair places, we had a great shop located in Pasadena, but I haven't found another in three states and 30 years since. Wish we lived close enough to take advantage of the ones you've located.
I like to find good local businesses, too. That's why, although I understand and take advantage of the benefits, I am not a big fan of big box stores. And as for auto repair places, we had a great shop located in Pasadena, but I haven't found another in three states and 30 years since. Wish we lived close enough to take advantage of the ones you've located.
Post a Comment