Thursday, January 24, 2008

Nocturnal Animals

Seth had a wonderful time this year working on a project for the science fair! He wanted to do a display on nocturnal animals, and he had lots of great ideas like a little animal guessing game and also wanted to display his stuffed animals in front of his poster board. He did a lot of artwork for his project, while I got to supervise and help him research, though it turned out he pretty much knew everything already! It was a lot of fun! Tonight we went to the science fair up at school and got to explore lots of neat projects! I even learned a new thing or two! Seth got to sit in a large solar car built by some local high school students. Seth's project took one of the first place finishes for the first grade and so he can take his project to the regional science fair in February for fun. I think it will be neat to see all of the project at the auditorium there. I love that he loves animals and science. He is already talking about ideas for next year!

He had clues to guess the nocturnal animals. See if you can guess this animal...

"I stink when I'm scared."
"I'm black and white."
"I stink."

He just giggled and giggled at saying "I stink." for the skunk and that is why he included it twice. Please tell me you guessed skunk!

Here is a picture or two of him in front of his project. We are so proud of him!

Go Seth!


2 comments:

Sheyenne said...

Very cute. I am still scared of science fairs. I never did one, and I'm terrified of the time when my kids have to do one, as I'll be NO help. I thought you had to do some type of experiment though?

Anonymous said...

That looks really cute. And a nice looking ribbon, too. You'll have to ask Seth to put all the other clues on your blog, especially so those of us who might have missed the 'skunk' clues have an opportunity to redeem ourselves.