So, Logan's fever got better fairly quickly, which was a relief; however, he has since developed a cold and cough. Hopefully we can kick it quickly. This also reminded me to get him in for flu shots, especially since his immune system can't fight viruses as efficiently as most people.
This weekend we enjoyed going down to the Texas Parks and Wildlife EXPO. We didn't get to spend very much time there; however, Seth loved the few activities that he got to participate in. Logan and Seth both enjoyed viewing all the reptiles, birds, and other animals on display. Seth let one snake crawl up his arm, neck, and cheek. Logan was fascinated watching the snakes; however, he was too wary to touch one. Lately Seth is excited to catch sight of hawks flying overhead, so he was happy to see lots of hawks and other "birds of prey" up close. Logan mustered enough courage to touch a stuffed cat. His reaction made Seth and I laugh. He reached out to touch the cat, then quickly withdrew his hand with a look of fear and disgust on his face, his body shivered, and his vocal expression matched the look on his face. As long as the animals and snakes were in their cages Logan would want to get his face and hands right up close to the glass. Seth was also proud to help Jim and Papa clean up gear at the mountain biking station. Seth is excited for next year already, because he will be tall enough to brave the trails on a bike. He is still getting adjusted to the bike we got him for his birthday. It is a touch tall for him to get on and off of. Also, the hand brakes take some getting used to.
I will try and upload some new pictures of the kids early next week. This week I am swamped with schoolwork, the kids, and some extra essays I need to write. There are two scholarship applications that I need to mail off this week; however, I can't decide what to write for my essays and personal statements. I have debated between an eloquent articulate essay and the alternative which is merely a short statement pointing out their grammar and spelling errors on the scholarship application. I am no master of great grammar and spelling; however, I expect a major university to be better than me, and I am not too proud to use spell check. Spelling and grammar check does not error proof your paper (as seen in my posts); however, Penn State disappointed me when they had misspellings that would have been caught by spell check. I doubt they would appreciate me pointing that out, so I will have to write an essay; however, I am still considering attaching a little sticky note "FYI" ..... Or maybe I should wait until I have scholarship money in hand.....
Monday, October 09, 2006
Posted by Jules at 6:20 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Sounds like you all had fun at the expo!! I hope his cold gets better quick--whenever i get colds my runny/stuffy nose seems to linger weeks longer than the cold itself..it's rather annoying. Spelling errors on important papers really bug me!! but, the money is worth more than helping them learn, right? good luck with the scholarships!
It is fun reading about your family, although Logan certainly has my sympathy for whenever he isn't feeling well. As for spelling, I happen to belong to the old school that believes in creative license; our spelling has only become standardized in the past 100 years or so, I believe. At least, this is the excuse I give for all my spelling mistakes. Grammar is a little tougher to weasle out of, but I'll try to come up with an excuse for that, too.
Yes, it seems more intuitive to spell phonetically, but what do I know. (Unless you are going to say "a lot", then don't answer that...)
Post a Comment