Monday, April 17, 2006

The woes of childhood and daylight savings time...

Poor Seth is suffering what I am sure many of us suffered through as children.... going to bed when it is still sunny and bright outside. Darn that daylight savings time! I remember going to bed on the bottom bunk bed in the middle bedroom in our house in Austin while it was still light outside and you could hear other people playing and working in their yards outside. Now Seth is going to bed (on the TOP bunk bed) under the same circumstances. :) Daylight savings time makes it feel so early that we sometimes have a hard time getting Seth into bed by 7 or 7:30 but he needs the sleep! I suppose when school lets out he will probably stay up a little later, because we enjoy warm summer evenings (after the sun isn't quite so scorching) to run in the sprinkler, garden, and play outside!

3 comments:

Melissa said...

I can relate to the same feeling about going to bed when the sun's up from when I was little too. And since I was the youngest (you were only second youngest too) everyone was still up. Jared's mom, when they lived in Canada, couldn't get people to bed early--it was light till like 11 or midnight!! It snowed today--so hope at least YOU are enjoying some pretty springtime!

Unknown said...

During the summer, my mom kind of just gave up on trying to get Jason into bed at 8pm. It was just too hard with 3-4 hours of daylight left. For my teenage siblings, then it was a fight to get them home by midnight, just an hour or two after the sun set.

Anonymous said...

I didn't think any of you kids ever went to bed. At least, that's what it felt like!