Sorry for the picture overload, but it was requested by one of my fans :)
We recently took a trip up to Utah's Tushar Mountains. Autumn colors were beautiful in the canyon. 
It snowed while we were there- Aspen leaves!

Puffer Lake.


We met some incredibly nice neighbors at the condos who generously took us out on their ATVs multiple times. The boys loved it. One ride we went up to an old cabin. The ladders on the outside of the building are for winter time when the snow prevents anyone from opening the front door. Inside is a little wood stove, some wood, and matches for anyone who has to tough out some winter weather inside the cabin! The neighbors have a grandson, and our boys loved playing with him! 




Seth doing a planned skid/slide down the snow!



We had a wonderfully relaxing trip. With the exception of a little homework, I loved turning off my phone and the computer and just being away from it all. We are looking forward to many more great trips to the mountains to stay in the condos! We are especially excited to take the opportunity to ski and tube this winter, so I'm busy buying winter clothes, snowsuits, and boots for the boys (and the adults too!).
Oh, and 9000 ft altitude can bring on the altitude sickness, so beware! I think we all felt a little clammy and out of sorts our first night/day there. The neighbors said that you should drink so much water that you need to pee three times at night before you come. And not to exert yourself in the first 24 hours. So, I think next time we'll have to try those tips and see if we feel better!
Thursday, October 28, 2010
Tushar Mountains and Fishlake National Forest
Posted by Jules at 10:57 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Oh-looks so fun. can't wait to get up there too someday!
Great pictures! I especially enjoyed the falling leaves (and all the people, of course).
As for the old cabin with the ladders on the side, I thought those were to make it easier for Santa Claus.in case the roof couldn't hold his sleigh and all the reindeer.
Post a Comment