Friday, October 03, 2008

Reason #541 for why I love craigslist.

PRE CRAIGSLIST: Beautiful bay window obscured by large fast growing shrubs.



POST CRAIGSLIST: Beautiful bay window no longer obscured by large shrubs and currently waiting for beautiful plants and flowers!





I posted these plants for free on craigslist and within 24 hours I had a nice family come and dig them up in order to use them in their backyard! Brilliant! (This is not the first time I have used craigslist to free myself of unwanted and poorly planted shrubs!)

Don't you think having those shrubs gone makes the window look so much better! And now I can open the windows for fall and spring breezes!

I want to make the planter around the tree out front much larger. Then I am going to fill both planters with a variety of flowers and plants. I'm going to plan it this fall/winter so that we can plan the sprinkler system and install it before planting all the new flowers! I think it will look really beautiful with shorter more colorful plants!

2 comments:

Sheyenne said...

That really was a great idea. You didn't have to do any of the work, didn't have to kill the shrubs, and someone else got to enjoy them. Perfect.

Alisa said...

I never thought about sellings plants on Craig's List. Great idea! I do think it looks better without them. I wish I could come help you plant your new flowers. It sounds fun. Happy planting!