Thursday, April 17, 2008

Self Spamming?

Yahoo! spam protection is decent, as I hardly ever get spam in my inbox. Of course, a dear price is paid in the fact that sometimes precious "inbox" emails end up in my spam folder. I have probably deleted many of these. Of course, this can be solved by adding that email address to my contacts list. (My PSU account isn't so smart, even if you are in my address book you still might be considered a spammer.)

Today I sent an email from my yahoo account to myself with some information I need and a reminder about something, as well as copied it to a couple of friends. Well, I am not in my own address book (at least not yet...), so...

Yahoo! considered it spam and sorted it directly to my spam folder. Apparently, they thoughtfully protected me from spamming myself. How kind!

2 comments:

CA Mom said...

LOL! Oh, the irony of it all. That's pretty funny.

Anonymous said...

That is censorship at its highest level.