54.
That is the number of turtles that Seth counted while we canoed on Town Lake. Of course, that is the number that he counted and is less than the number seen. Being on the lake in perfect weather was absolutely beautiful! Both of the boys loved it. We paddled right up next to about 8 turtles sunning on a log. Well, they were sunning until Logan encouraged them to jump into the water. Logan thought it was the best thing to watch them splash down and swim away.
Friday, April 18, 2008
Fifty-four!
Posted by Jules at 7:30 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
wow! that's a lot of turtles! i saw a few at the neighborhood lake yesterday but not 54! good eye!
Missing TX when I hear you and Mel talk about your adventures. I loved Town Lake and the springs.
Sounds like a terrific outing! Austin has some great opportunities for having fun, and counting turtles on Town Lake is certainly one of them. And doing it while canoeing is an extra special event. But I'm pretty sure I never saw anywhere near 54 turtles!
Post a Comment