Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Welcome to San Antonio!



The next two weeks we are packing up, cleaning out, utilizing the community garage sale day, and putting our house on the market. Wish us luck.

Then hopefully when school is out we will be on our way down to good ole San Antone.

The biggest dilemma right now (and for the near future) is this:

Do we

1. Rent for a while first
+ get adjusted to the areas, take longer to look around, etc.
- have to move again and Seth will probably have to switch schools AGAIN

2. Start house hunting now and just go ahead and buy something
+ only move ONCE, Seth (and all of us) can get right adjusted to his/our new friends/community right away
- have to spend much more time now both neighborhood and ward "shopping"


That about boils down the differences. Interest rate are still okay (sure, they are up from recent years but still fine), but will the economy continue to suffer or will it stabalize soon? :)

Any opinions?

4 comments:

G said...

I don't know if it helps, but do you remember the Zufelts? They moved down there and definitely have opinions if you want their input on neighborhoods and wards. Send me an email if you want her contact info.

Good luck to you guys. We sure will miss you! Glad we'll have the blog :)

azufelt said...

Hey Julie, G passed on the info to me! Welcome to SA... I'm sure you'll love it... and I'm sure you'll miss RR!!!

We live in the NW area, between sea world and 6 flags... email me if you want to talk about some more info!

Anonymous said...

My opinion is that the housing market is going to get worse. I also think that the general economy will get much worse.

Alisa said...

That's a tough decision. I'm not sure what we would do. I like Gretchen's idea about talking to people who already moved there who can give you advice about neighborhoods, schools, and wards. Then maybe you could just buy a house & not have to move twice. I'm excited for you to live in San Antonio. It seems like a neat place to live.