Friday, February 08, 2008

Bleach, will you do a mom a favor? Please?!

On the menu yesterday was not only a fabulous chicken dish, but homemade crescent rolls. Logan helped to add the flour and do some kneading. Yum! I was enjoying the time I had to cook while Logan and Seth played happily. They had been playing for a long time while Seth's friend was over, and then the glory continued!

Game of the night? Seth had a flashlight that has different color lights. He would put the spot somewhere for Logan to run and "get the light" Whether Logan jumped on it, crashed into it, got it finally, or Seth moved it quickly to another spot they both were hysterical with giggles. So, I didn't get after Seth about the cruelness of the game. (treating Logan kind of like a cat or puppy)

Fast forward to a whole hour later, maybe more. Seth had just washed his hands and we were sitting up to the table. I was just grabbing Logan some hand sanitizer when Seth announced,

"Mom, it was the funniest thing. We were playing the light game and I didn't know the toilet lid was up. So I shone the light on the seat, not the part you sit on, but the lid that flips up and down. And when Logan went to get it he fell into the toilet! Hahaha! He just crashed and both of his hands went into the water!"


NO ONE TOLD ME THAT LOGAN DUNKED HIS HANDS IN THE TOILET AN HOUR AGO! AND HE HAD BEEN FINISHING HIS SNACK AT THAT TIME TOO!!!!


Grrrrrrrrrrr.

(Yes, from the conflicting parts of the story it becomes obvious that Seth knew very well the lid was up. Though Seth was at least able to muster a look of shock when I reminded him that toilet water is DIRTY ALL THE TIME, not just when there is "stuff" in it!)


Let us hope that the little bleach tabs I put in the back of the tank actually do some germ killing. Otherwise Logan might have a nasty bug this week. (Oh, and don't worry this was after he helped knead the bread!)

3 comments:

Janssen said...

Oh man, what a funny (and slightly gross) story.

Sounds like a fun game, though :)

Sheyenne said...

oooh, yummy! At least you guys were washing up before dinner. I mean, of COURSE, you were washing up before dinner. Uh, just like we do.

Melissa said...

that's funny!! lindsey loves to try and get in the toilet whenever she can-icky icky