Unfortunately, I was on the wrong end of it today. Today I got payback for having a secret laugh over what Logan contributed to over at Sheyenne's house while playing with Roman. (Skip to the 3rd paragraph there). Logan was the other two year old involved in that chaos.
Logan had a friend over today, Emma. The last two times they played over here they hauled every last book into the closet or onto the bed to read them. Today after only a few minutes of playing they headed into the boys' bedroom and began carting the books into the closet. Because today was my "Get everything done before vacation day" I just kind of let them play.
During this, Sheyenne and Tieryn came by for a visit. Well, I got tired of getting up and running into the kitchen to get the kids drinks, wipe their mess, or whatever. So, against all my better judgement I simply ignored them when they went to play more. I thought they had closed the door to the bedroom and were in there destroying all the books again. I decided to visit with friends now, deal with book mess later. If Logan and Emma wanted to close themselves in a closet with books and yell loudly for the third time in two weeks, well they could go right ahead. Bad philosophy. Don't try it.
Later when I went to walk everyone out I noticed that the bedroom door and the closet door were wide open. No Logan. No Emma. Then I hear water turn on.
Yes, they had snuck off to my bathroom to experiment with all sorts of lotions and soaps, Vaseline, and bright red lipstick. When I unlocked the door and opened it, Logan was quick to point out in a happy tone, "Mom! I just need to wash my hands."

Thankfully, we have a small bathroom that needed cleaning anyway and the mess was also easily cleaned up. I got all the red lipstick out of everything except Logan's shirt which still has some pink streaks.
Friday, December 14, 2007
It's Payback Time!
Posted by Jules at 9:38 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Oh my goodness! I'm so glad you took pictures, cuz I REALLY wanted to see that! It is so much more fun when it happens to someone else. And for once, Roman was not involved. Hallelujah!
Whoa!! It still makes me crack up to remember you saying (thinking it was only books) "I'm sure they're making a huge mess. I'm scared to go look." :) I'm also sorry I forgot my cupcake. But I am glad you were able to enjoy it AND that you saved it before it destroyed your couch!
OK, now I see what you meant about the bad thing that happened! Two-year-olds are amazing. They can be so quiet when completely destroying things! I'm glad it all cleaned up pretty well. And you were able to get some cute pictures!
Post a Comment