and by the time you have finished reading this (if you make it to the end) you will know why it has taken me so long to get it done! Feel free to just skip to the end and call it read.
Two weeks ago, Seth started 1st grade!!
Yeah! I was especially excited for this "first day" because last year I missed the first day of kindergarten. Logan and I had already begun the journey to Columbus Children's Hospital, leaving Jim and Seth to their own devices and to manage the start of school. Well, you wouldn't believe it but just as I am getting Seth ready to head out the door, we receive a phone call. A friend of ours had an emergency situation. So, we rushed out to help with that, making Seth late for the first day. I know. I wanted to rush in and tell the teacher, "We have a good reason! We are not "those" people that are late to school on the first day." But since they had already started coloring, all I could was mumble a quick sheepish "Sorry we're late" and rush out the door. Hopefully, I can redeem myself through some volunteering. BUT, I think Seth is really liking his class so far. He already has made a new "best friend" and talks about him all the time. He also was happy to see at least one friend in his new class. We love his teacher and are excited about the year! Other than that, Seth is just playing and having fun. He is going to play flag football again this fall, and will gear up for that in just a couple more weeks. He is also thrilled about his upcoming birthday.
As for the rest of that week, I can't remember much. It was busy. Jim was out of town to see the arrival of the new cousin on the Ritter side of the family. Over the weekend we went to see Cannon (the new cousin) as well. Jim and Matt were forced to supply their own birthday cake and celebration. Sorry guys, I will do better next year!!
Now you have been caught up to the serious drama. As I was reflecting upon the fact that last year at this time life was still miserable for Logan, and subsequently myself. He couldn't eat much and was uncomfortable and tired all the time it seemed. Two years had been such a long time. We were all so relieved to see him make such a dramatic improvement this last spring around his second birthday. (For those that may not know, Logan has suffered from unusual GI problems, with the significant problem being pain and thus no sleeping) So, anyhow... come Monday night we think Logan has a stomach bug. After two doctors that can't/won't help us (our regular AWESOME pediatrician is out on medical leave- how dare her. And don't start me on our GI doctors office) After multiple days/nights of crying in pain and a few hours of screaming we hit the ER (which is awesome, caring, and fast) we thought we had the problem taken care of. Logan even enjoyed some morphine for his pain! But, the rest of the week has been the exact same, even with what we thought was the problem all taken care of.
It is the exact same issues that plagued his first few years of life. So, our whole week has been managing his symptoms. I will spare you details, and simply say that it is so heartbreaking to see a child in so much pain. Today we almost went back to the ER to get some help with pain management, but thankfully Logan settled down. I really miss our regular pediatrician as she would definitely take care of us!
So, I would say that I hope this is the end of a brief relapse, but I don't have any wood nearby to knock on. I just hope that tonight he gets some sleep so I can get some sleep. And I really want him to be able to go to his Music and Movement class on Tuesday because we missed the first day last week, and I think it will be fabulous fun! Not to mention, just getting him back to enoying his little toddlerhood life.
And that, my friends and family, is why I haven't updated and why you won't currently hear about
-me mowing the back yard in the dark (much to Jim's frustration)
-my mad crazy craigslist selling experiences
-the new bedroom furniture, made possible by my craigslist selling
-my classes
-and all the unsolicited advice I have for all you folks our there!
But stay tuned, because this week I might just find time for all of that, and then some!
Oh, today when Logan settled down for an hour, I set him up with his "Thomas the Tank Engine" movie on our bed so that I could rest with him too. It was a rare cuddly moment with Logan that I really loved! Here he is, so tired of being sick and yet, so cute!
Sunday, September 09, 2007
Finally, an update..
Posted by Jules at 8:08 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Wow. I can understand why you don't write every day. But please do not consider this encourage to write unsolicited advice.
Really sorry that Logan has been having such a rough time. I hope he overcomes this relapse and that it stays away.
I look forward to talking to Seth sometime and getting an update on 1st grade and his new best friend.
Post a Comment