Tuesday, July 24, 2007

The Smell of Sweet Success

(knock on wood)

Bedtime tonight couldn't have gone much smoother. We have had to re institute a regular bedtime routine in order to get Logan calmed down for bedtime. So, after ample stories, tooth brushing (teeth brushing?), and lots of songs, the boys were in bed. Jim and I crossed our fingers, expecting at any moment to hear the rattle of the door knob as Logan reaches to open it. But all we heard was silence, then more silence! No way?! Then the sound of Logan babbling, singing, talking, yelling, and making all sorts of noise. Ah, now the door will open. Two long hours of babbling later, all was quiet.

So, sure he could have gone right to sleep. But our philosophy at this age and on is that "As long as they are in their room, so be it."

And this was only the second night!!!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Let's hope the positive trend continues (but, knowing kids, it probably won't). Anyway, the finger incident sounds serious; I'm glad you weren't injured more severely. A much-less-significant ring story of my own: one day Mom and I were walking along the main street in Longmong, and I was showing off my physical prowess by leaping up and touching tall objects as we walked along. One such object was a tore awning. The problem was, that my ring caught on something of the awning's frame. I ended up cutting my finger, bruising it, and bending the ring. Not nearly as significant as the bunkbed-ring story, but it's the only one I have.