(Pictures of birthday bliss to follow the crazy party later tonight!)
Logan is officially 2 years old! I can't believe it, after such a long rough seemingly never ending first 18 months of life. His stomach is doing so much better that I can hardly imagine how miserable we were for so long, and how we managed to make it through our days, much less get anything done. Thanks to all of you that helped in varying ways to make that trial much more endurable!
But onto happy news! Tonight after dinner we will be eating cupcakes and opening a couple presents!
In the meantime, poor Logan is being tricked. While the kids ate snack at the table I whipped up the cupcakes; however, Logan is used to me making cornbread for him and he saw the cake box so he knew something was up. He wanted to come see so I switched the bowl with an empty one before he got there. He was a little confused and skeptical that there was no food to see. But then his little blue eyes lit up and he pointed to the oven. Darn it, my plan was falling apart. So, I showed him the cupcakes were cooking. He started shrieking in excitement and running around in circles when he saw them. Hmmm... though I don't want him eating cupcakes BEFORE dinner. Then I saw it. A lone somewhat stale cornbread muffin from the night before. So, when the timer went off and I took the cupcakes out of the oven I gave him that (he thinks I am making cornbread anyway) and he was so happy!
So now, I am letting him crumble his cornbread all over the floor in a effort to keep him out of the kitchen and away from the real treat!
More later....
Thursday, April 19, 2007
Happy Birthday Logan!
Posted by Jules at 2:32 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment