
Boss and Chomp both got neutered. It was a miserable couple of weeks dealing with one dog being in the garage or staked out in the front yard and one dog out back. Boss howled all day without Chomp. Chomp had his surgery pre-paid for, but we found a spay/neuter clinic that did Boss for only $30. The clinic Chomp had his done was around the same price as well. Much more reasonable than your average vets office. Boss had dissolvable stitches, but Chomp had the old fashioned kind and the vet at PetsMart removed them for free. This saved me a long drive back to the other clinic. I am sure Boss and Chomp like us a little less now. They are both starting to behave better. I have them both sitting in order to get their food and we are working on sitting and staying. Boss needs a lot of leash practice because he can't stand it if Chomp is in front of him. Chomp is very laid back on the leash and Seth walks him. Despite his name, Chomp is turning out to be quite a great family dog. We can't say the same for Boss, although he is improving.
Thursday, May 11, 2006
No more puppies for us...
Posted by Jules at 12:46 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I'm just gonna do one comment for all the new posts. First--Logan is sooo cute!! how exciting he's walkig around--at least until he gets harder to chase I guess. I forgot about your dogs--always a challenge I know!! And your yard looks great! We just got some seeds in our front bed and some alyssum from last year reseeded itself. Also, we got a garden started with our duplex neighbors. Good job on all your hard work-seems like it's paying off!! You're amazing!!
I love animals, and dogs are about the best kind of pet. However, I came to the conclusion long ago that pets are a lot of work! Your experience(s) help to remind me of that fact! But the boys will love the dogs, I'm sure.
Post a Comment