And we went back to the mountains! We spent a few days camping in San Bernadino National Forest. Our campground was at 5600 feet elevation. I loved the tall pine trees and the cooler weather. The first day we spent at the lake fishing, but all the pictures accidentally got deleted. We rented a motor boat for half a day, but ended up getting the whole day due to multiple mishaps. Our first boat the motor died because of the battery. The wind on that end of the lake made rowing impossible so we drifted into shore- I hopped out, hiked around the lake, and they came and towed us in. Our second boat motor died because the propeller randomly fell off in the middle of the lake. Jim hopped out at shore, hiked around the lake, and hiked back with a new propeller. Sadly we didn't catch any fish. We had a great time though and finished the night with smores. Logan loved to play and hang out at the campground, while Seth tried his hand practicing some whittling. 









Helping Dad chop firewood.
Our last morning we took a beautiful hike through the forest.




We spent our last afternoon back at the lake. We rented a pedal bike and a paddle board. Jim took each of the boys out on the bike and I enjoyed time with the boys on the paddle board. After a picnic lunch we headed home.






It was so fun- we can't wait to go camping again!
Tuesday, August 24, 2010
San Bernadino National Forest
Posted by Jules at 4:38 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
How fun!! You look great Julie. I can't believe how big seth is now. I miss camping. It looks like you guys had a great time!
Post a Comment