Friday, September 12, 2008

Sunny San Diego Part 2: Swimming with the Sharks

We were sad that Jim couldn't travel with us to Utah; however, he did make it out to San Diego for a short visit. (Thanks for working so hard at home, Jim!!)

We got to spend Saturday out together on an ocean kayak trip and went out for sushi afterwards. Then of course, we had to spend some family time on the beach!








While at the beach, we had to do a little snorkeling.



Especially because we wanted a close up look at some of these...



That's right. You can snorkel around to check out the leopard sharks. Now, they won't bite you; however, they swim in very shallow water (we were in 5-6' water) and some of them were 4-5' long!! The experience was thrilling!! A couple swam right under us. We also spotted a few sting rays and fish, but the sharks were the best!

4 comments:

Alisa said...

Great pictures! How fun that you got to see the leopard sharks. We didn't see any when we went. Legoland is awesome, isin't it? We loved it too.

I love the new look of your blog!

azufelt said...

Ah! I love it! I'm SO jealous! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE to snorkel! I'm sad that I've never seen anything so cool as that. Someday I will though!

Anonymous said...

And who says that where there are little sharks there can't also be big sharks?

Anonymous said...

And who says that where there are little sharks there can't also be big sharks?