Yes, Jim signed me up for my big dream- IRONMAN TRIATHLON. The one I thought I might get around to in a few years when the kids are older and I'm not in school. I'm terrified. I'm pumped with adrenaline. (Congrats Mom on the educated guess!)
Jim registered me for Ironman Coeur d'Alene in June 2009. Yes, it isn't until next June. But did you know that this event will most likely sell out by the end of the week? (so Jim did it as an early birthday present)
Don't worry, there will be some pit stops along my training journey. So far my plan is that In November I will conquer theIron Star Triathlon which is a half-ironman (1.2 mile swim, 56 mile bike, 13.1 mile run). Then in January begins the intensive Ironman training.
My training blog will be up and running soon, so you can track my progress!!
For now, I'm off to swim, bike, and run!
Wednesday, June 25, 2008
140.6 Miles
Posted by Jules at 12:01 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
Hey, that's amazing...registration opened Monday and they'll probably be sold out in one week?! Wowee. Hope we can come and be spectators! Go, Julie!!
OH.MY.WORD. Wow, good luck to you Julie. Train hard, and you'll be so proud of yourself. I can't even imagine doing a race like that.
ok, so I have heard of this race before but I have NEVER heard of someone that I know doing it! I think you might be a little crazy, actually, YOU GO GIRL!!!! I had no idea that you liked stuff like this!
Wow, I am so proud of you. I know you wanted to build up to this eventually and I think its great! Wish I had the kind of inner power you do.
I can't believe you are doing an ironman! That is intense. Good luck.
J- That is one ambitious goal!!! Congrats on taking the first step and good luck with all the running, cycling, swimming you will do over the next year to prepare. Let us know if you want company on upcoming rides - although I'm sure you would have to slow down to keep pace with me!
Wow, Joel and I are impressed! We'll cheer you on!
Can't wait to see you next weekend!
(Actually, shouldn't you technically be entered in an ironwoman triathalon?)
Oh well. It is impressive as to how popular this event happens to be, in selling out so quickly. Just for reference, however, the first 5 minutes that the Comic Con website was open they received more requests for hotel rooms than exist in the entire county of San Diego. So it just goes to show that even though there are a lot of ironpeople who are masochistic, there are even more comicpeople who like to gather at a convention and dress up like comic book characters. Go figure.
The video gives me chills, but if you start to look like some of those stringy-looking girls, you'll have to start eating more cheesecake :)
Post a Comment