Sunday, February 17, 2008

I'm sick. Though probably from donating blood. I have donated lots of blood and plasma in my lifetime, though I admit that frequently I spend the rest of the day fairly dehydrated feeling and light headed. So, I chug lots of water and food and try not to stand up too quickly.

Anyway, so I donated blood and feel like I have been hit by a truck. Okay, maybe not: I don't know what that feels like. I ache. I'm light headed. I can't stand up, sit, or lie down to quickly. I am thirsty and hungry, though also fairly nauseated, and just flat out exhausted. Oh, and I have a headache.

So, I have been kicking it in bed with lots of fluids and food . Tomorrow morning I think I will have to call someone to talk about this. I have really low blood pressure regularly. Then this time when I donated blood it was lower than it usually is. So, my self diagnosis is that I can't quite donate the normal amount of blood as usual people. Well, without having really low blood pressure and feeling wiped out. I love humanity but don't plan on supporting it with my blood anymore (at least not for a while).

2 comments:

Sheyenne said...

I wonder if you were already getting sick and then donating reduced your defenses? Sorry you're feeling so yucky. Give me a call tomorrow (Monday)if you want me to help with Logan.

G said...

M has forbidden me to keep trying to give blood because it always ends badly these days. (I have very low blood pressure and difficult veins.) It makes me feel so guilty though! So just thought I'd say thanks for trying and don't feel too bad if you need a break :)