Wednesday, October 24, 2007

It's Autumn time, It's Autumn time....

... the leaves are falling down.

Okay, that was kind of cheesy I know (especially for those of you that can sing the song I just quoted!) But it is true. And I love it. I am looking forward to some more chilly weather, but am just loving this beautiful cool weather we are having. Something about fall makes me feel invigorated, ambitious, and productive. I cooked a turkey the other night for a dinner, and all the scrumptious fall foods made me start wanting to cook and bake more. Oh, and dark chilly nights simply require more game playing and movie watching. Add hot chocolate (or cider) and popcorn and you have perfection.

And I love to go running in chilly weather. This summer I was wondering how I ever could have loved running. Pushing the baby stroller in the heat didn't help. But I have reignited the joy and passion while going for runs in chilly dark nights. I love running on cold nights and feel I could run forever, just alone under the stars (not all alone- I carry my phone). Perfect weather for running is when you can wear shorts and maybe even short sleeves, but you need gloves and maybe an ear warmer.

But enough about me and my love for autumn. A very windy slightly cool day is a waste without a park picnic and kite flying.



That is Seth holding the kite!

2 comments:

melissa said...

i think we could enjoy autumn together--everything you said is how i feel too! it's been so nice to have cooler weather! and-i just started running 2x a week in the morning with some ladies in my ward-it's great to get out!

Anonymous said...

Your description would make anyone love Fall, even if they had never experienced it! And great pictures of fun in the park, too.