Saturday, September 15, 2007

So, I did say something a while back about catching up everyone on my mad crazy craigslist selling. I love craigslist. Not only do I sell anything I might have of value with free classifieds, I also get all of my old junk hauled away for free. Want something gone? Post it on craigslist, put it on your driveway, and POOF! I have even had some plants dug up from my yard for free. (you dig em, you can have em!) It doesn't quite work the same for weeds. But I will get back to my point.

I have sold almost all of our bedroom furniture including our nice cherry sleigh bed! We gave the dresser to the boys (it matches their bunk beds quite nicely!). I sold some other stuff we have and didn't use or don't need, and PRESTO= I was able to buy a new bed and a matching dresser! Some of you may not have seen our previously cluttered and mis-matched bedroom, but as of lately it was dangerous to enter. So, we painted it and cleaned it up (the walls are more oatmeal and not quite as stark white as they appear). Eventually we need some colorful artwork on the walls, new duvet cover/comforter, and maybe matching curtains, but for now we LOVE the freshness and openness of our "new bedroom" Oh, and I haven't quite decided on nightstands, or what to sell so that I don't have to shell out the cash but maybe soon... hmmmmm do I ever use that?
Behold...




By the way- We still have some golf clubs for sale on craigslist! I promise to update with the link soon, so that you can buy them!!!!!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, the bedroom furniture looks wonderful, and I appreciate you're enjoyment of freshness and openness. We've actually been backsliding this past year at our house, so we need to get on the ball and turn things around and get moving. We are planning on getting a new bedroom set, and wish you were here to sell our old one and help us get a good deal on a new one, but since you're not we'll have to do our best on our own.