Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Though my efforts may be futile I am still going to make a valiant effort to catch everyone up on all of our latest! To start, my day today started out with a bang. Seth got up at 5:40 to get a snack and use the potty. Unusual for him unless he is growing, so I hope it isn't a growth spurt this week. Anyway, I sent him back to bed. Not long after that both Seth and Logan come toddling into our room. 6:20am. While this may not be early for many of you, and it isn't all that early for me, it is more the difference between being able to wake up slowly and hit the snooze a few times versus being awakened long before you had planned. Seth first claimed innocence that Logan had "just woken up" before he proudly admitted to having woken Logan up because "I just saw light outside and heard the birds, and didn't want Logan to sleep through the whole day and miss it." Oh, his good older brotherly morals. Plus, I think he was kind of making that reasoning up. Either way they were both awake. But after a snack they settled down into watching a movie.

So, we had a lazy morning which was nice because Jim was headed to Dallas this morning so we had some fun family time. Our lazy morning together ended with the aquarium cleaning.

Yes, aquarium. For those that don't know. Jim KILLED Swimmy. Although, it "probably" was unintentional tadpole-slaughter, so no one is pressing charges. Jim tried to give Swimmy fresh water while we were in California and didn't know to put in the de-chlorinating drops. To compensate, Jim ordered 5, yes 5!, tree frog tadpoles. So, after picking up a little glass aquarium yesterday we got their new home all arranged. Two tadpoles have legs so we needed to get something for them to start climbing onto when their front legs come in. I am actually quite excited to see them morph into little climbing frogs. Plus, I hate changing nasty aquarium water, or even having it around. They have names, but I can't remember them all. One with legs is "Leggy", one is "Junior", and one, I believe, is "Swimmy", but I could be wrong. Here they are in their full tadpole-ness. ;) Kind of cute, if you are into that kind of thing.



0 comments: