Sunday, June 24, 2007

Lake Pflugerville Triathlon Race Report



The weather was warm and humid, but overcast so there wasn't a strong sun beating down. It came out during the run, but at least by then the tri was almost over. Jim brought the kids out to cheer me on and that was great! I loved seeing them on the sidelines! Seth saw a friend from school, Olivia, out there and enjoyed playing with her on the side of the lake. Logan threw many rocks into the lake, but not at any triathletes. Interesting highlights were the in-water start which means you are treading water while you wait for your wave to start, the bike distance error, and my run. The timing company and the tri website have the bike listed as 13.2 miles; however, the race packet, race director, and finally my car odometer all say it is 14 miles (actually the car said 14.1) which improves my listed mph speed on the bike which made me happy! I tried to run what I felt was a strong medium pace, but by the last mile of the 3 mile loop my legs were burning. But I still pulled off my mile pace as 8min 18sec! The run is the last event of the race, so that felt good!

Here are a couple short video clips that Jim was able to take as I ran by! :) It was awesome to have them there!!
RUN START


RUN/TRI FINISH (notice the finish is slightly uphill which stunk!)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW! I love the video clips, and the fact that you even managed to smile after all that swimming, biking and running!