

This morning Jim worked on the swing set, while I took the boys for a little hiking adventure. First we stair stepped our way up Mt Bonnell and took some time walking along those trails. Logan was a little frustrated that he couldn't throw rocks over the edge to the water below, but eventually found a mud puddle to enjoy. Then we went nearby to a nature preserve (the name is escaping me right now- maybe Mayfield Home). There we enjoyed seeing lots of peacocks, ponds, flowers, and more. We hiked a couple of the trails and ended up at a little creek. Next time we want to go back and try to end up upstream of where we were before, because somewhere there is a little waterfall we think.... or at least the stream is moving quickly as opposed to the stagnant brown water we came across. Although we did see some turtles in the creek and threw some sticks into the water. Seth was surprised to see the peacocks enjoying time on the roof, and also enjoyed taking pictures of them.
(I added Seth's nature pictures and the rest of our pictures to the top slideshow!)

Saturday, May 26, 2007
Posted by Jules at 10:25 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
ah--the good days of walking up stairs to hike a mountain! not here in utah! also, i like your Cousins' Camp Countdown--very cool!
The Mount Bonnell trip sounds like the perfect outdoor adventure for old people like me, if only there was a Holday Inn on top.
I love the new pictures, but I somehow missed the CC countdown Melissa mentions so I'll now go back and look for it. See y'all in less than a month!
Post a Comment