Seth's Spring flag football practice starts tomorrow. He is ready to go and is on the Titans. This Friday is his school carnival as well. Seth has been outside playing a lot and had a busy spring break. He slept over at a friend's house, then went to the zoo with him. Then his friend slept over here. Then we had dinner at their house on evening. Then, his buddy came home with us after school for a couple of days because his mom was out of town! Seth can not get enough of his new friend, Hayden! We love it when Seth makes good new friends! Seth and Hayden made up a dance to a song about buddies. I recorded it on the video cam because it was just darling!
Logan usually pushes his friends away when they try to hug him, but today at playgroup they had hugging time. All 3 boys were taking turns hugging each other, having big group hugs, and just grinning about it. Too cute!! Logan also loves being outside, and unlike Seth, Logan loves to swing. He especially loves the swing in the backyard that is a two seater (where the two kids face away from each other and push/pull the swing).
Fixing up the swing set is one of many projects on our "to do" list for the next few weekends. We are going to fix our patio, build the swingset, and weed kill/fertilize like crazy (plus ant killer), to get our yard ready for spring/summmer/fall fun. We are also finally going to repair the siding that Boss chewed up, and might be tackling a few indoor projects as well. The bathrooms certainly need re-caulking, plus maybe I will find a project that is more fun. I do have some fun outdoor work in regards to landscaping to take care of. My purple leaf plum tree is starting to bloom. I have two or three planters that I want to get taken care of this spring. Then in the fall I may handle another two.
School is keeping me busy, but going smoothly as ever. I may hang onto the 4.0 for another 6 credits. The schedules are changing a little bit which will make the courses a little more labor intensive, but not majorly. I am thinking of taking my summer courses in the 6 week version just to get them out of the way before taking a month or two to relax.
Car shopping is going okay. It is a little hard for us to decide what we want and how much we want to pay. Jim is borrowing a car from a friend, so hopefully we can find something soon. We might just get a limo and have someone drive us around everywhere. Seth wants a blue car, with white stripes, and a white top like his teacher just got (except her's is red), and at a dealership he saw the perfect SUV that fit that description. Hopefully he isn't too disappointed in the regular old sedan that we are going to buy! (And he isn't- he is excited about any car!) I remember going down to try out the van and laying down on the bed with my shoes hanging off the end as not to dirty the car! I have to say I love the van, and would buy one if Jim would let me! ;)
Wednesday, March 21, 2007
Posted by Jules at 6:37 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Ahhh... I remember the Titans. Actually, I was on the Titans when playing Little League baseball in 3rd grade.
Sounds like y'all will be plenty busy with spring projects. It would be fun to be there to help with some of the gardening ones. Please don't hesitate to share details.
And good luck with the car shopping. Mom and I have never been really good at identifying gems.
Post a Comment