Thursday, March 29, 2007

Quick Note

I do have more pictures to post, I am just slow getting them up. But what else is new, huh?

We did have a great weekend last week. Jim's mom, Randi, came down for a visit. It was good to see her, as we haven't been able to get up to Dallas near as much as we would like and need to. Just between kid activities and driving with Logan (which I wouldn't wish on anyone). It is getting better with him though. Anyway, we all got to watch Seth's first flag football game. He scored and did lots of great running after other kids' flags. Then we just hung out at the house for Randi to play with Seth and Logan. She took Seth to get Logan a birthday present, and spoiled them both with a couple nice toys. Way too generous and nice :) Seth loved his new Legos and Logan love loves his new little rocker. It is a ride on caterpillar and Logan just jumps on, rocks back and forth, and screams for fun. That night we just had dinner at the house and hung out. Also, last weekend we took Randi over to a pond in a nearby neighborhood (not our mosquito fest pond) for a little fishing. Fishing was hot as they bit any little piece of bread that hit the surface of the water. They frequently snatch bread before the ducks can get it! Seth caught four fish and was ECSTATIC! We just got some pictures of the first fish Seth caught while camping, but since it bit on Jim's line he wasn't taking complete ownership of it. However, now he is glad to have officially caught so many fish. That is a pond we will have to make a regular little fishing hole!

Anyway, it was great fun. Hopefully the next few weekends the weather will clear up and we can get some projects done. This weekend begins the play scape adventure and possibly painting the rear of the house. We got the siding repaired except for a little more trim I need to paint and stick up. Then after a new layer of paint it should be good to go. Also, we might start fixing the cracks in the patio. We have a lot to do... I won't even indulge you yet in the yard work project list or the inside of the house!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

That sounds like world's best fishing pond! I don't think I've caught 4 fish total in my lifetime (except when fishing in the ocean).