Monday, March 19, 2007

I don't know if I still have winter blah or what, but despite all the pretty flowers, today I hate spring. What is there to celebrate about fire ants, mosquitos, and warm humid air? I say, "Not much!" Yuck. I thought I would be excited about the yard work I had planned, but nah... just disappointed with all the yucky things that come with Spring, Summer, and Fall. Give me some dry cold air!

I know, I know. With this attitude it is going to be a long Texas summer. Hopefully, I can change it at least a little.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's funny but in SD we have the May grey and the June gloom when the weather is foggy and overcast instead of our usual sun. Sometimes tourists are disappointed if they come here during those months. But you've reminded me of those Tx weather issues that aren't very fun, especially fire ants! Curses on them! Did you hear that scientists are trying to breed a mosquito that is immune to malaria? Why don't they breed one that dislikes humans??

Anonymous said...

Even though the previous comment was by "anonymous", I have a hunch that it must be either Mom or Laurie, and I don't think Laurie knows about "May gray" and "June gloom". So that narrows it down a bit.
Anyway, I agree with 'anonymous'. And while Iobserve that perhaps no place is perfect, some are certainly more fire ant-infested than others!

melissa said...

Texas summers do have drawbacks that's for sure! I was just enjoying the nice spring that has started (finally!) here in Utah and commented on how nice it is to not have so many bugs and no fire ants so we can walk/sit on the grass! but then, we have nasty long winters..it's all a trade i suppose.