Thursday, December 14, 2006

How many excuses can I post about not posting? An endless amount it seems. Anyway, it will have to wait another day or so because Seth is pretty sick now. Hopefully we can get rid of all the germs before Christmas and no one else gets it. Last night he spiked a high fever, had a sore throat (laryngitis), couldn't talk, and also had trouble breathing. It got pretty bad and I was dreading the emergency room, but thankfully our pediatrician agreed to see him at the after hours clinic even though they had no appointments left. After a couple rounds of steroids and oxygen it improved enough that they considered letting us take him home instead of sending him to the Children's Hospital for the night; however, they ultimately left it up to us. I decided I felt okay about monitoring him during the night and thankfully he did okay through the night. Today he has improved a lot and doesn't seem to be having trouble breathing, although he is a little raspy. Hopefully, this will clear up fast! It is ruining the next few days for Seth though. He missed pajama day at school and holiday festivities (although their class party was yesterday). He also had some fun activities planned for this weekend and we were possibly going to Dallas as well. I rented him some extra movies today and plan on keeping him quiet until he is all better so that this doesn't drag out.

0 comments: