Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Slowly but surely Logan is starting to recover. Hopefully within the next week we can get everyone feeling better. Logan and I are both feeling a little stir crazy after being home so much. The house is starting to recover a little bit. Over Thanksgiving we did get our Christmas lights hung, despite some minor disasters (a story for another day). Our Christmas tree is up as well and the holiday activities are starting. We took some toys to the Chuy's Children Giving to Children parade. It was a great parade downtown with lots of floats and some of the huge balloons. I think Logan's favorite part was the marching bands. After they would march away he would ask for more. Seth is busy preparing for his Nutcracker performance next week. Starting on Thursday I think they have rehearsal every day after school. A little intense! :) Anyway, today during Logan's nap I should have been doing some housework or schoolwork; however, I stole a brief hour of personal time (a rare occurrence around here if you know anything about my life) and reorganized some picture CDs that I had lying around.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I found some pictures of one of the great trips to San Diego. I may have the timing wrong, but I think that this was August-ish of 2005. If not, then please correct me Mom and Dad. I am trying to fit it into Logan time frames. I think this is when Mom babysat Logan when he was about 4 months old and we spent most of the trip trying to work out his eating/reflux/stomach issues. We returned in December and dealt with the same issues as well as the major flu bug he caught and the lousy doctor at the ER that prescribed the WRONG medication for Logan. A little sad that I can remember vacations based on Logan's different struggles... But back to the original point. We took a few hours to kayak and snorkel. We were going to see some sharks; however, the visibility was low so we headed to an area with a bunch of sea lions. You can see in the pictures how close we got! We spent a lot of time snorkeling around looking for fish and other creatures. We did come across some wonderful jellyfish. While we were on our kayaks, some dolphins swam incredibly close to us! They were so big and amazing to see in the wide ocean as opposed to the tanks at Sea World or aquariums. It is very intimidating to be out in the "middle" of the ocean. The rocky cliffs that we were by were not conducive for climbing up. Coming back ashore Jim and I got our paddling off and a wave took us sideways and dumped us over right onto the beach! Anyway, it was an awesome little adventure and we want to do it (or something similar) again the next time we are in sunny San Diego!!!

  • Kayak Adventure
  • 2 comments:

    Anonymous said...

    Sorry to hear that you are very sick today, too, and that Logan isn't yet fully better. I wish we were close by to help.

    I, too, hope there are more adventures like the sea kayaking and snorkeling. And thanks for posting the pictures. I always enjoy pictures.

    CA Mom said...

    You're right about the timing, I think. You can be the official historian! Great memories (when you forget Logan's rough times). You reminded me of some details I'd forgotten!