Sunday, May 28, 2006

The start to a weekend...


Saturday I took the kids to the YMCA for their beginning of summer party. Seth climbed the rock wall, went on the slip n slides, and played a couple of games. Then we spent a long time in the pool. Logan really enjoyed the water. We alternated between sitting on the edge of the "beach style" entry and getting in a little deeper with Seth. We played football and Seth dove for his diving rings that Logan and I would throw. They served hot dogs, chips, and lemonade for lunch. It was actually pretty fun. I wish I had a picture of Logan in his swimsuit, but I will take some soon. While we were at the pool party, Jim was at rehearsal for a wedding that he is participating in. Tonight was the wedding and I was able to get away to attend the ceremony. It was the second time we had this girl, Megan, over to our home to babysit. She does a great job and the kids like her. Seth already knows her because we share some mutual friends with her family. Tonight before she came Seth drew her some pictures. The great thing is that Logan really likes her as well. The first time she babysat, he cried when we left and he also cried when we returned and wouldn't let us go. Tonight he still cried when I left, and was happy to see me when I returned, but then he wanted to keep playing with her. So, I was able to go change into some casual clothes before taking her home! We are really excited to have her babysit more because she lives so close; however, we will also have to start arranging for some other girls we know to come babysit for us. Hopefully as Logan starts doing better we can stay out a little later in the evening and come home to sleeping kids, that will both sleep through the night! This week for Logan has been really good which is nice. Tomorrow will be rough since Logan won't be able to eat anything except clear liquids, but hopefully we will make it through. :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

It sounds like you guys are going to have a tiny bit of newfound freedom! You can always send the kids out to Utah for a month if you want.

Jules said...

don't tease me with comments like that! they might just show up!