
This is Seth in his new "Reptile" jammies. He picked out reptile pajama pants and white tank tops. We also got ready for summer by picking up some pool towels, swim mask/snorkel, and a swimsuit and floatie for Logan. Seth and Jim got matching pool towels because they are "best buddies." Gearing up for cousins camp as well! If the weather is hot this Friday, then we may go swimming for the first time, with friends from Logan's playgroup. Seth will probably take another couple of rounds of swim lessons this summer. This past weekend we got a lot of work done on the sprinkler system as well as aerating our yard and getting all the plants into the ground. (with a little help)
Logan and I are both down and out with major colds, making life pretty miserable. The only upside is that after the initial stuffy nose issues, Logan might have a few goods nights sleep if the diarrhea sticks around for a little while (too much info I know, and am sorry!). I am enjoyed some Malt O Meal last night, which I really love when it is cold or when I am sick.
Logan is getting closer to walking. I got him to stand alone for a few seconds by himself, and now when he is playing at a table or at the fridge he will let go with both hands to play with the toys and stand alone for a little while! He is also starting to make less cautious lunges from the coffee table to the couch. I guess we will have to discretely move the table further out from the couch!
Tomorrow is the first official soccer team practice, since the last two weeks have been "officially" rained out; however, our team still got together and kicked the ball around because all of the kids are so excited. Seth has his first game this Saturday!
Today I am feeling bad for some people in our neighborhood. They are quite entrepreneurial, which is great. They are having a fundraiser evening to support an independent film they are making/or have made. I believe this is what it is for, based on their flyer. They are choosing to sell gumbo, rice and beans, and some other Cajun dishes. Quite creative, except for their pricing. It is $3 for a cup or sandwich; however, if you buy 1 quart (4 cups) then the price is only $25- only around 2 times as much per cup for buying in bulk! That is a deal and would definitely encourage me to buy more... I mean I might buy two quarts if the price doubles again. :) Although knowing that most Americans probably can't convert quarts to cups, I am hoping they get tons of business. Really they should use liters and cups for their pricing, if that doesn't confuse people into spending money I don't know what would. Perhaps it is I that is out of the loop and this is an effective pricing strategy. Although judging by the success of SAMS and CostCo, I highly doubt it. I do wish them the best of luck... it is a great idea and I have to give them major credit for that. They spent this evening passing flyers out door-to-door.
Anyway, on with the day!
Thursday, April 06, 2006
Life in General
Posted by Jules at 6:53 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Julie, our snake just shed his skin. Would Seth like for us to mail him the snake skin? Or is that something you would rather not have in your house?
Seth would think that was very cool! Thanks!
Post a Comment